Saturday 30 August 2014

Life sure aint like the movies!!

So I was half watching some show on t.v while playing Lego with my son.  I had a killer head ache that had been throbbing all afternoon in the back of my head and  my back was killing me from spending the morning in a lawn chair.  The woman on the show had a super busy house, kids everywhere, husband reaking havoc in her kitchen, so she goes to the bathroom, locks the door and runs a warm bath.  Its picture perfect, the steam is rising up, she puts on head phones, she has bubbles pouring over the edge of the tub, and she fades into peaceful slumber for a few moments while her house goes completely crazy.  She opens the door awhile later and emerges from the bathroom a loving mother and wife, relaxed, glowing, and ready for life again.

I fell for it hook line and sinker.  I asked my husband to play with our son and headed off to our bathroom, completely ready to relax and come out of the steam filled room an hour later refreshed and perfect.  I walked into the bathroom to toys from last nights bathing of my son spread over the floor and tub.  I stepped over the puddle on the floor from where I hope happened from him washing his hands and not from him getting distracted from peeing,  and started to clean up the mess.  So the woman in the show had the perfect bathroom and I didn't.......relaxation was still possible right?

I ran the bath warm. The mirror steaming up right away, which was good cause I couldn't see my devilish appearance as I undressed and threw my clothes along with the others piled beside the tub.  I admit, the warm water felt amazing!  For a few moments I was in complete heaven.  There was no bubbles, no pretty scented soaps but it was warm and felt great on my back!

I considered grabbing a book and savoring the moment when I heard the bang on the door "moooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" came a wail from behind the wood "whatcha doing?????"  I wanted to yell "baking a cake" or yell "tunneling to China" instead I calmly told my son I was trying to take a bath.

 A few more moments of relaxation. I leaned back into the tub feeling the water come up over my shoulders and into my hair when suddenly a huge thud followed by the sound of the door hitting the wall made me jump.  There stood my husband looking like the Cheshire cat with a bobby pin in his hand.

"what do you want?" I half yelled half snapped
"came in for a peek" he grinned

After tossing a wet towel at him and demanding he close the door I attempted again to relax........again the door flew open "gotta pee" screamed my son as he ran into the bathroom and headed for the toilet.  I sighed knowing that if I stayed in the warm water that this  was how my bath was going to continue, one series of interruptions after another.  I listened to my son sing, do a little dance, and peek at me over his shoulder to smile while he peed (btw......no longer think that puddle was from washing his hands)  He then washed his hands and run out of the bathroom.............without closing the door!

I yelled for my husband who came and attempted to sneak another peek before finally closing the bathroom door.  By now I think I had more frustration then when i decided to take the bath.

 I looked around for my body wash and find it full of water............seems my son decided to make a squirt gun last night in the tub.  I was left with two options...Axe body wash or Marvel Super Hero body wash.............I'm really hope i'm smelling more like wonder woman right now then the Hulk!

No comments:

Post a Comment