Sunday 10 August 2014

Girls Weekend 2014

     The weather was far from perfect.  It rained the whole night we were there and the wind carried a chill to it.  Needless to say unlike the years before, Girls weekend did not see the beach!  What it did see was 6 friends excited to spend a bit of time together without boyfriends, husbands, kids or life calling us away.  It say laughter that brought me home with my rips and stomach hurting like I had spent the past 24 hours in a gym.  It saw dares, and alcohol, great food, some tears, a ton of hugs, a kind of sleep you forget you can have when you become a mother, and as we left this afternoon and over all gratefulness for the unity of sisterhood.  Over all, I spent 24 hours being reminded of who I use to be, who i'm becoming and who I am through some of the people who know me the best, love me the most, and who have just always been there.  I love you all........I can't wait for next Girls Weekend.......to those who are readers of this blog, I would love to tell you more about my amazing 24 hours, lol, but what happens at girls weekend stays at girls weekend.

                                                               Song of the weekend

Great food:

                       Fruit Salad and Potatoes salad made with fruits and veggies from my garden.
          Katie had the "food" of the weekend tho with her amazing spinach dip and Banana pecan muffins.

                                                All the girls preparing for the night ahead


                                    Oh and the Cottage was as beautiful as ever even if it was raining.



                                                                 The Best of Friends
                                                          and when the drinking started
                            We broke Jen's drinking "cherry" and got her to take her first Tequila shot.


                                             What happens at the Cottage Stays at the Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment