Monday 28 July 2014

I look Better in the Winter

Its Monday night and its time to get ready for work.  For those of you that don't know I work in an office of a trucking company, and even tho regular office hours are 8-5, long haul truckers drive 24-7, that leaves some of us office girls with some pretty weird shifts.

Its a fairly relaxed environment and being that I work around a lot of guys I hear some four letter words pretty regularly.  I adore the laid back environment tho, I love the people I work with and the work its self, and the business casual attire makes it fairly easy to pick out what i'm wearing for the day..........in till recently that is.  So back to our story shall we?

Its Monday night and its time to get ready for work.  I look among my sea of dress pants, blouses, and dresses till i decide.  Bermuda shorts....check...dressy tank?....check.  I look over the outfit and ask myself "are you really going to go to work like that?" answer "hell yes"

I made two simple braids in the side of my hair then pull it all back into a pony tail.  I hide a few loose strands with a bobby pins and look in the mirror. My hair is wet from my shower but pulled back neatly, the ends already starting to curl the way I hate them, and I ask myself "you really going to go to work like that?" answer "helllllllllll yes"

I pick the face cream with the highest spf and apply a layer to my face as I wonder if it will simply melt off.  My eyes for the briefest second go to my collection of beaded blushes and eye shadows, mascaras and bronzers.  Normally I love this stuff, the "putting on" of my face, today I flip the makeup case the finger and walk out of my bed room.  As I pass the mirror in the hall I ask myself again "are you really going to work like this?"

I slip on a pair of simple flats and step out onto the deck. The 26 degree weather hits me like a ton of bricks.  A huge "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll YES!" screams in my head in response to my previous question.

OK, so its summer and its hot.  I hear men saying they love this season, the short shorts, the bikinis, the eye candy everywhere.  The truth of the matter is while that outfit is great for the beach and the weekend it sucks for the office.  So i'm not doing my hair (why bother it will only curl again in this humidity), i'm not rocking my make up (why bother it will only sweat off), and i'm not wearing the pretty little dress clothes (if I could sit around in my bra and underwear I soooooooo would)  Excuse my appearance i'm &^%*ing hot............I promise, i'll look better in the winter.



No make up curly hair me!


No comments:

Post a Comment