Wednesday 17 September 2014

Reader Discretion is Advised

     I needed to take the day to think before writing this post, to be honest with you even now, 10 hours later, i'm struggling with tears.   I try really hard to be a good person, a loving mother.  I listen when others have opinions that differ from mine trying to understand their view,  I try not to push my views on others, and every day I struggle to do what is right by myself, my family and my friends while not causing harm to anyone else.   I monitor what my child watches, what he eats, what he reads.  I teach him to be kind and loving, I'm active in his school and make sure to know his friends and their parents so that I know who is influencing him.

    My son is my world.  From the moment of conception he has been loved, wanted, valued.  I still tear up when I remember hearing the sound of his beautiful little heart beat at 9 weeks.  Of course I want to do right by him and help him to be the best person he can be.   I give my child chores as well to help teach him the value of honest work.  We keep them age appropriate (hes only 6 1/2).  Clean your room, Go to school, Make your bed, Brush your teeth, Get the mail.  Wouldn't you think these are appropriate for a child so small, so innocent?

     Thankfully this morning while I was getting out of the shower I heard the clink of the mail box closing.  I was waiting for a letter so after throwing on some clothes I raced for the mail box.  I stuck my hand in, grabbed the paper inside and screamed when I pulled it out and came face to face with what was inside.  A post card sized announcement with a real,(no photo shopped) picture of a 20 week aborted fetus.  You could see the bones of its spine broken, the limbs were disconnected, and the organs were............you get the picture.  Across the top and bottom was the message "a vote for .............. (sorry I do not wish to slander this man I do not know) and the liberals is a vote for this"

     This lovely message was provided to me by (sorry I will not do them the honor of giving their name and making them more popular) an anti abortion group.  On the back they provide me with yet another 24 week aborted fetus, their organization, and some "facts" about abortion and the liberal party.

"The preceding program contains scenes of extreme violence and should not be viewed by young children"
Warning before The Simpsons

"This show contains scenes that some viewers my find disterbing"

"intended for mature audiences only"

"parental adversary: Explicit Content"

      This are just some of the warning labels I see on the television daily.  I think is a sad day when I need these on my mail box as well.  I understand that this organisation truly feels they are saving the lives of children by publishing this slander campaign, but at the lost of how many children's innocence when they arrive home and do their daily chore of collecting the mail.  How simple would it have been to place the same message in an envelope with "intended for mature audiences only" across the front?

     I also find it amusing that this organisation decided to quote Canadian law on the back concerning abortion rights.  In turn I would like to quote the following back to them:




Section 163 of the Canadian Crimal code:
      (provides the country's legal definition of "obscenity"

163. (1) Every one commits an offense who
(a) makes, prints, publishes, distributes, circulates, or has in his possession for the purpose of publication, distribution or circulation any obscene written matter, picture, model, phonograph record or other thing whatever; or

(2) Every one commits an offense who knowingly, without lawful justification or excuse,

                     (b) publicly exhibits a disgusting object or an indecent show;


Punishment for defamatory libel
301. Every one who publishes a defamatory libel is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 265.

Extortion by libel
302. (1) Every one commits an offence who, with intent
(a) to extort money from any person, or
(b) to induce a person to confer on or procure for another person an appointment or office of profit or trust,
publishes or threatens to publish or offers to abstain from publishing or to prevent the publication of a defamatory libel.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment