Sunday 7 September 2014

100oz Can of Pineapple and me

    "Bet you can't use that all" my co-work said as she handed me the resterant size can of crushed Pineapple.  Now little bit of history......I was never the girl to back down from a dare when I was younger.  I've done alot of foolish things I'd rather not admit simply from the words "double dare you" being said.  My co-worker had issued an unmeant challenge and I was primed to except.

So this Sunday (today) i had some extra time and that unopened can of pineapple sitting in my cupboard.  Groceries had just been done, recipes collected, I was ready!  6 HOURS LATER I finally turned my stove off and my house smelt like heaven, my kitchen on the other hand looked like hell!  I am proud to say I did in fact use the whole can of Pineapple (smiles proudly), i'm sad to say meeting the challenge may end in an extra 10 lbs on my butt.  Good thing i'm typing, cause its hard to speak with your mouth full..........man this cake is good.



The challenge........100 oz's of crushed pineapple .................YUM, I made the challenge harder tho by not allowing myself to make more then 3 batches of one recipe.....cause really that would get boring real quick.

Bran muffins with pineapple



Mexican fruit cake with cream cheese icing............omg you have no idea how good this is.....soooooo making this again at Christmas!  Taking  one of these cakes to the boys on the dock tomorrow.


man that's a lot of pineapple gone!




Hawaiian bread and Pineapple muffins with caramel center


1 comment:

  1. wish I was your neighbour. would like the recipe for the Mexican fruit cake, please.

    ReplyDelete